If you are a confident, organised and efficient multi-tasker with great people skills we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a Café Team Leader to work within the Club House at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours of Work: 08.30am until 5.00pm with break for lunch.
Overall Objective: To manage Kitchen & Café to ensure an excellent customer experience. To follow carefully all COVID procedures in place.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positively promote and protect the reputation of Wellington Riding at all times.
- Assist the General Manager to maximise sales by dealing with customer enquiries in a timely and efficient way.
- Be Creative to ensure a workable and on brand front of house set up.
- Communicate with other supervisors to co-ordinate working procedures.
- Train & supervise café assistants, ensure all paperwork is kept up to date.
- Organise the café staffing rota, organise bookings and buffet arrangements for meetings, conferences and parties including suitable opening & closing times. This will be done with direct liaison with other departments within Wellington Riding.
- Provide a front of house service including serving customers & making drinks using specialist equipment provided.
- Work with Supervisors to ensure health and hygiene and cleanliness is up to date at all times.
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise and report any maintenance issues.
- Project a professional image to all internal and external customers ensuring correct grooming, supervision and maintenance of the dress code as per the uniform policy.
Health and Safety
• Ensure the café and kitchen areas are maintained to a high standard ensuring compliance with health, safety and hygiene guidelines.
• Ensure that relevant service, preparation and storage areas are cleaned using correct chemicals where appropriate and sign cleaning schedules as necessary. These must be completed at the end of every day.
• All refuse to be removed from the Kitchen/Café Counter and put into the correct refuse bins.
• Ensure that correct closedown procedure is followed ie. Everything is left clean, tidy and secure, ready for the next days’ trade.
• Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with the café’s health, hygiene, quality and safety standards.
• Ensure all accidents and recorded in the relevant accident books.
• Use the correct handling and lifting procedures as outlined in the H&S Manual.
• To support safe working practices and observe the Employers Health & Safety Policy in all procedures and methods.
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken.
Ensure that correct closedown procedure is followed ie. Everything is left clean, tidy and secure, ready for the next days’ trade.
Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with the café’s health, hygiene, quality and safety standards.
Ensure all accidents and recorded in the relevant accident books.
Use the correct handling and lifting procedures as outlined in the H&S Manual.
To support safe working practices and observe the Employers Health & Safety Policy in all procedures and methods.
• Serve all food from the counter using correct tools and presentation techniques
• Ensure all café staff are friendly & approachable and have a good customer attitude
• Should be personable to deal with customer queries and requests.
• Promote customer care through all actions and behaviours.
• To co-operate with all staff.
• To support safe working practices and observe the Employer’s Health & Safety policy.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORPerson Specification
• Proven track record of working within a similar position if preferable but not essential
• The position requires commitment, focus and reliability
• You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours
• Attention to detail and pride in your job
• Sound communication skills
• Creative and brand aware
• Interest in Food and presentation
• Ability to supervise and motivate the other members of your team
• Ability to prioritise work and multi-task as necessary.
• Ability to work under pressure and in a timely manner to achieve excellent customer service.
• Keeping your line manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
• You will be a driver with your own transportation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks).
• Ensuring all processes and procedures are completed according to the necessary deadlines and are followed through efficiently.
• Dealing with all customers in a professional manner on a daily basis
Other Important Information:
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Please apply by email including your CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org