If you are a confident, organised and efficient multi-tasker with great people skills we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a Groom to work within the team at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
Reporting to: Stable Manager
Hours of Work: Full-time, 46 hour week taken as 6 days per week plus 1 weekend in 4.
Overall Objective: To positively promote and protect the reputation of Wellington Riding at all times as per current policy. To assist the Stable Manager with all routine yard duties as required. To perform a variety of duties on the Livery, School Yard or Private Yard to ensure excellent care of the all horses and sound customer experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine daily and weekly yard duties to a high standard as required.
- To deliver high standards of horse care and yard presentation.
- To meet the individual needs of clients with excellent customer care.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of horses, staff and clients is paramount.
- To provide exercise of horses, to include lunging.
- To ride client and school horses as directed.
- To ensure close communication and liaison with staff in other departments.
- To contribute to the control of costs through economic use of consumable materials.
- To support safe working practices and observe the Employer’s Health and Safety policy.
- Working with all other departments and undertaking occasional other duties to support the management team as necessary.
- Ensuring that at all times 100% customer service levels are maintained and that good customer relationships are built and trust is established quickly.
- Ability to understand and interpret the company’s philosophy, capabilities and services; effectively communicating all relevant products and services to our clients
- Keeping your line manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
• The ability to work under pressure and multitask are essential.
• You must have an excellent, proven track record of working within an equine environment.
• You must be a pro-active, organised team player with excellent communication skills.
• The position requires commitment, focus, accuracy & attention to detail.
• You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours.
• You must enjoy working in a very busy environment and at all times you must maintain your sense of humour.
• DBS certification and First Aid qualification or the willingness to obtain certification is needed.
• You will be a driver with your own transportation if you are not requiring on-site accommodation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks).
• 46 hour week taken as 6 days per week plus 1 weekend in 4.
• Working day 7.30am – 5.30pm.
• 2 hours of in-house training per week towards your next qualification.
• 50% off all purchases in the café.
• Purchases in the shop at discounted rate.
• DIY staff livery of £85 per week.
• 28 days holiday including statutory holidays, bank holidays are considered as working days.