A unique and rarely available position to work as part of the management team in a world class venue. The team at Wellington Riding prides themselves on delivering a quality equestrian experience at all times at our busy equestrian centre on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
Wellington Riding covers many facets of the industry which makes this a very diverse role and an exciting new challenge for the successful candidate. You will need to work well under pressure, thrive by inspiring the people around you and have a positive professional attitude, at all times.
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours of Work: 5 day working week with a weekend day off.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching career students training for BHS and UKCC assessments.
- To coach riding school clients and maintain good relations with loyal group.
- To meet the individual needs of livery clients with excellent customer care.
- To organise assessments and liaise with external BHS assessors and third parties.
- Have current knowledge of all education systems within the industry.
- Duty management of the centre as part of the team.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of horses, staff and clients is paramount.
- To ensure close communication and liaison with staff in other departments.
- To contribute to the control of costs through economic use of consumable materials.
- To support safe working practices and observe the Employer’s Health and Safety policy.
- Working with all other departments and undertaking occasional other duties to support the management team as necessary.
- Ensuring that at all times 100% customer service levels are maintained and that good customer relationships are built and trust is established quickly.
- Ability to understand and interpret the company’s philosophy, capabilities and services; effectively communicating all relevant products and services to our clients.
- Keeping your line manager informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
• The ability to work under pressure and multitask are essential.
• You must have an excellent, proven track record of working within an equine environment.
• You must be a pro-active, organised team player with excellent communication skills.
• The position requires commitment, focus, accuracy & attention to detail.
• You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours.
• You must enjoy working in a very busy environment and at all times you must maintain your sense of humour.
• DBS certification and First Aid qualification or the willingness to obtain certification is needed.
• You will be a driver with your own transportation if you are not requiring on-site accommodation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks).
• 5 day working week with weekend day off
• Working day 7.30am – 5.30pm.
• Housing available on estate
• Health care plan
• Opportunities to compete & train alongside world class coaches
• 50% off all purchases in the café.
• Purchases in the shop at discounted rate.
• 28 days holiday including statutory holidays, bank holidays are considered as working days.
• Package worth £28k – £35k